Sore Throat or Elusive Strep
What is pharyngitis or a sore throat?
Pharyngitis indicates inflammation of the throat. Depending on the cause, patients may have other symptoms, such as fever, headache, runny nose, cough, hoarseness, and rash.
What causes it?
Viruses and Bactria may cause a sore throat Strep throat, caused by the group A Streptococcus bacteria is the most common treatable cause of pharyngitis. Besides infections, cigarette smoking, allergies, dry air, and excessive coughing or yelling can also cause pharyngitis.
How is it treated?
- Pharyngitis caused by strep throat is treated with an antibiotic.
- Pharyngitis caused by a virus does not respond to antibiotics.
When you’re dealing with a sore throat, you want a quick relief of your symptoms. While there are plenty of things you can do yourself to help your body help fight with a viral infection, the preferred course of action is usually to have an evaluation by a medical professional. Vitality Forever Mobile Urgent and Family Care has the capabilities to test, diagnose, and treat a sore throat or a strep in Northwest Suburbs (Illinois) and Great Chicago Metropolitan area. We provide the essential urgent care needed for adults or children in the comfort and convenience of your own home. Simply give us a call to schedule a time that’s convenient for you.
Latest Blog Posts:
- What Test Do You Use?
- Can I schedule a Same Day Pre-Travel RT-PCR appointment?
- When will I receive my results?
- Is an Appointment Required?
- How Do I Get My Results?
- What is the Cost of the Test?
- Is Your COVID Clinic CLIA Certified?
- How is the Test Performed?
- Do you Test Children?
- Why Choose Us?
- Who can benefit from Urgent or Primary Care House Call ?
- Do you treat Children?