Sore Throat or Elusive Strep
What is pharyngitis or a sore throat?
Pharyngitis indicates inflammation of the throat. Depending on the cause, patients may have other symptoms, such as fever, headache, runny nose, cough, hoarseness, and rash.
What causes it?
Viruses and Bactria may cause a sore throat Strep throat, caused by the group A Streptococcus bacteria is the most common treatable cause of pharyngitis. Besides infections, cigarette smoking, allergies, dry air, and excessive coughing or yelling can also cause pharyngitis.
How is it treated?
- Pharyngitis caused by strep throat is treated with an antibiotic.
- Pharyngitis caused by a virus does not respond to antibiotics.
When you’re dealing with a sore throat, you want a quick relief of your symptoms. While there are plenty of things you can do yourself to help your body help fight with a viral infection, the preferred course of action is usually to have an evaluation by a medical professional. Vitality Forever Mobile Urgent and Family Care has the capabilities to test, diagnose, and treat a sore throat or a strep in Northwest Suburbs (Illinois) and Great Chicago Metropolitan area. We provide the essential urgent care needed for adults or children in the comfort and convenience of your own home. Simply give us a call to schedule a time that’s convenient for you.
Latest Blog Posts:
- What insurance do you accept for virtual care appointments?
- Why Choose Vitality Urgent Care for Travel Between USA and Japan Testing?
- What is the testing fee?
- How does the Covid-19 Program work?
- Is an electronically issued Covid testing certificate valid?
- Do children also need to obtain a certificate of testing for Japan Travel?
- When will be the starting point of counting “72 hours before departure to Japan”?
- What happens if a flight is cancelled or delayed significantly on the day of departure to Japan and the passenger has to leave the country after 72 hours?
- What collection method is authorized by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan?
- What COVID-19 Tests Does Japan Accept?
- Does it hurt to get tested?
- Is an appointment required to be tested?