Sore Throat or Elusive Strep
What is pharyngitis or a sore throat?
Pharyngitis indicates inflammation of the throat. Depending on the cause, patients may have other symptoms, such as fever, headache, runny nose, cough, hoarseness, and rash.
What causes it?
Viruses and Bactria may cause a sore throat Strep throat, caused by the group A Streptococcus bacteria is the most common treatable cause of pharyngitis. Besides infections, cigarette smoking, allergies, dry air, and excessive coughing or yelling can also cause pharyngitis.
How is it treated?
- Pharyngitis caused by strep throat is treated with an antibiotic.
- Pharyngitis caused by a virus does not respond to antibiotics.
When you’re dealing with a sore throat, you want a quick relief of your symptoms. While there are plenty of things you can do yourself to help your body help fight with a viral infection, the preferred course of action is usually to have an evaluation by a medical professional. Vitality Forever Mobile Urgent and Family Care has the capabilities to test, diagnose, and treat a sore throat or a strep in Northwest Suburbs (Illinois) and Great Chicago Metropolitan area. We provide the essential urgent care needed for adults or children in the comfort and convenience of your own home. Simply give us a call to schedule a time that’s convenient for you.
Latest Blog Posts:
- Emergency Department or Urgent Care Center?
- Nausea from stomach bug or food poisoning?
- Health Tips from Vitality Urgent Urgent Care
- Sunburn Treatment Made Simple
- Get your children outside!
- Common Skin Rashes in Children
- Telemedicine or Virtual Health on Demand
- Halloween Safety from Vitality Urgent and Primary Care
- How to Recognize the Symptoms of a Urinary Tract Infection
- Is it already the Influenza (Flu) season?
- Allergies – Nose, Eyes, Skin or Other
- Sore Throat or Elusive Strep
- Why Urgent Care at Home
- What the Research Says About the Impact of House Calls on Patients
- What is the Difference from Traditional Office Based Medicine and Medical House Calls