Get quality medical care in the comfort of your own homeRequest Appointment Now»
Check below for service availability in your area:
Common Urgent Care Illnesses & Conditions
It is common for children to have various skin rashes. More often than not, rashes on child’s skin are not a cause for worry. They are often caused by changes in temperature or allergies. However, skin rashes can develop due to a certain type of illnesses. Hence, if your child seems unwell, you are advised to promptly seek medical assistance. In this article, we shall be focusing on the common types of skin rashes in children. Ultimately, the information should help parents identify the rashes and their causes.
Bacterial skin infections
Cellulitis is often characterized by red swollen rashes that are often painful to the touch. Accompanied by feverish symptoms, the affected skin area may feel also hot and uncomfortable. As harmless as skin rashes can be, cellulitis needs to be treated by a certain type of antibiotics. This is because this condition, unlike others, affects the inner layers of the skin.
Impetigo is highly contagious, and unfortunately, very common. It can occur in two forms: bullous and non- bullous. Despite that each type affects different body parts, they are both characterized by sores and blisters with a honey-colored crust. The good news is that impetigo is often easily treatable through with topical antibiotics.
Scarlet fever is a manifestation of bacterial infection that often starts as a sore throat and caused by strep bacteria. Your child may experience feverish symptoms before the rash develops. The rash is often itchy and red in color with sandpaper appearance. Scarlet fever needs to be rapidly recognized and treated with appropriate antibiotics to avoid complications.
Fungal / Mites Skin Infections
Ringworm is a highly infectious condition that can affect any part of the body. As the name suggests, this condition often manifests on the skin in a ring-like shape. For treatment, visit the pharmacy for antifungal medicine or consult with your healthcare provider.
Scabies is a treatable yet highly contagious skin condition caused by mites. Characterized by red and intensely itchy blotches in various body parts. Scabies can be treated through the use of prescription lotions and creams.
Chicken Pox (Varicella Virus)
Chickenpox is an illness that often a thing of the past due to very effective vaccination. The viral infection is often characterized by itchy spots that may develop all over, or on specific parts of the body. The spots often turn into blisters before drying up into scabs on the skin. Lotions and gels are often used to reduce the discomfort and itchiness. Antiviral medications may be used early in illness to decrease complications and skin scarring.
Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease
As the name suggests, this skin condition affects the hands, foot, and mouth. This condition manifests in the form of blisters and painful oral ulcers. Notably, it is highly contagious and can be spread from child to child easily. To help the child get better, keep them hydrated, pain control and ensure that they are well fed.
(Fifth Disease) Slapped Cheek Syndrome
Easily categorized as a viral infection, this skin condition manifests into noticeable skin blotches on the skin. It mainly affects the skin on both cheeks, hence the term slapped cheek syndrome. It is often harmless and should disappear in a few weeks. Usually, the illness is harmless and focus should be on treating fever and itching.
Inflammatory skin conditions
This type of skin condition is often caused by different allergens that act as a trigger to the body. In response, the body releases high levels of chemical messengers. As a result, the skin develops bumpy and itchy rashes. t can be treated and managed by antihistamines like Benadryl or Claritin. Sometimes, body can develop excessive response and require more emergent approach with epi-pen and close monitoring by healthcare professionals
Children are likely to develop atopic eczema, which often manifests behind the ears and neck just to mention a few. The skin is often dry, red and itchy. it can be treated through the use of skin lotions, creams, and prescription steroid ointments.
The bottom line
When children experience an unknown rash and you want quick relief and peace of mind. While there are plenty of things you can do yourself to help alleviate symptoms, the preferred course of action is usually to have an evaluation by a medical professional. Vitality Urgent & Primary care has vast experience in the diagnosis of various pediatric rashes and available 7 days per week. We provide the essential Urgent Care in the comfort and convenience of your own home. Simply give us a call to schedule a time that’s convenient for you.learn more»
Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) conditions are common ailments that affect the ear, nose, and throat, as well as related structures in the head and neck. Vitality Urgent Care is well-equipped to handle multiple ENT conditions. Here are some of the key ENT conditions that can be treated in an urgent care setting:
- Sinusitis: This condition involves inflammation of the sinuses, often due to an infection. It can lead to symptoms like facial pain, nasal congestion, and a reduced sense of smell. Vitality Urgent Care can provide medications to treat the infection and relieve symptoms.
- Ear Infections: These are often caused by bacteria or viruses, leading to symptoms such as ear pain, hearing loss, and fever. Vitality Urgent Care can provide antibiotic therapy and pain relief as needed.
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition involves inflammation, irritation, or infection of the outer ear and ear canal, often causing pain and redness. Vitality Urgent Care can provide treatments to alleviate pain and fight the infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of the tonsils can cause a sore throat, difficulty swallowing, and other symptoms. We can provide symptomatic treatment and, in recurrent cases, can refer patients to a specialist if needed.
- Pharyngitis (Sore Throat): This condition can be caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Vitality Urgent Care can provide pain relief and antibiotics if the cause is bacterial.
- Allergic Rhinitis (Hay Fever): Symptoms include sneezing, congestion, and an itchy or runny nose. Vitality Urgent Care can provide antihistamines, decongestants, and advice on avoiding allergens.
- Laryngitis: Inflammation of the voice box (larynx) often leading to a hoarse voice or loss of voice. We can provide treatment to relieve symptoms and identify any potential underlying causes.
- Vertigo: This condition causes a sensation of feeling off-balance and can be related to issues in the ear. We can help diagnose the cause and provide treatment options.
- Nosebleeds: Though they can often be managed at home, persistent or severe nosebleeds may require medical attention. We can help stop the bleeding and provide advice to prevent future nosebleeds.
HOW CAN VITALITY URGENT CARE HELP?
- Rapid Care: As an urgent care center, Vitality is designed to provide swift treatment for non-life-threatening conditions, including ENT disorders. You don’t need an appointment, and wait times are generally much shorter than in a hospital emergency room.
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Services: We offer a range of diagnostic services, including otoscope examinations, throat swabs, and allergy tests, which help in the accurate diagnosis of various ENT conditions.
- Qualified Professionals: Our team of experienced healthcare professionals is ready to provide compassionate, personalized care tailored to your needs.
- Follow-Up Care: We not only provide immediate care but also guide you on how to manage your condition at home. We can also coordinate with your primary care provider or a specialist for further treatment if needed.
- Affordability: Urgent care services, like those provided at Vitality, are significantly less expensive than an ER visit, making healthcare more accessible.
Remember, while urgent care is a great resource for non-emergency situations, ENT conditions that involve severe pain, significant hearing loss, difficulty breathing, or symptoms of a severe allergic reaction should be treated as emergencies and warrant a visit to the nearest hospital ER.learn more»
We treated a variety of respiratory and lung-related conditions such as Asthma, Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Seasonal allergies, Upper respiratory infection. We have the ability to provide home nebulizer treatments, first dose of injectable steroids/antibiotics and even order a chest x-rays. Early recognition of emerging lung condition such as pneumonia, COPD/ asthma exacerbation or bronchitis can prevent complication and avoid hospitalization.learn more»
VIRTUAL MEDICAL VISIT – TELEHEALTH
Covered by major insurance plans*
Vitality board-certified medical professional will glad to consult and resolve most routine acute non-life-threatening illnesses, refill prescriptions and more via video or phone call 24/7/365.
*We currently accept Medicare, BCBS PPO, United Health Care PPO, Medicaid and more.
We offer low self-pay option for patients without insurance - $79.