What collection method is authorized by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan?
“Nasal Swab” has been added to the list of valid specimens for travelers arriving in Japan after midnight (Japan time) on March 9, 2022, as a valid specimen for pre-departure testing of travelers to Japan.
The specimens required for the certificate at the time of entry into Japan are the same as the
specimens recommended for testing asymptomatic persons in Japan. The recommended
specimens for testing asymptomatic persons are listed in the Guidelines for Testing for
Pathogens of Novel Coronavirus Infections (https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/000747986.pdf),
and currently include “Nasal – non invasive ( Newly authorized as of 03.09.2022), nasopharyngeal swabs” and “saliva”.
an approval by the Council of the MHLW on June 25, 2021, as a valid specimen for predeparture testing of travelers to Japan.
Information obtained from: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan Website
- What insurance do you accept for virtual care appointments?
- Why Choose Vitality Urgent Care for Travel Between USA and Japan Testing?
- What is the testing fee?
- How does the Covid-19 Program work?
- Is an electronically issued Covid testing certificate valid?
- Do children also need to obtain a certificate of testing for Japan Travel?
- When will be the starting point of counting “72 hours before departure to Japan”?
- What happens if a flight is cancelled or delayed significantly on the day of departure to Japan and the passenger has to leave the country after 72 hours?
- What collection method is authorized by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan?
- What COVID-19 Tests Does Japan Accept?
- Does it hurt to get tested?
- Is an appointment required to be tested?