Is an electronically issued Covid testing certificate valid?
A certificate, whether in paper (including a copy) or electronic media, is valid as long as it can
be verified that all of the items to be included in the certificate are satisfied. However, a
certificate will not be valid if the contents can be changed by the applicant (e.g., Word, Excel,
e-mail text, etc.) or if the items required to verify the certificate (specimen, test method, etc.)
To avoid confusion at check-in counters and other on-site locations at each airport, we strongly
encourage to use the “Fast Track” method of pre-screening.
If you do not use “Fast Track”, we request you to use the template provided by the MHLW.
Information obtained from: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan Website
- How does the Covid-19 Program work?
- Why Choose Vitality Urgent Care for Travel Between USA and Japan Testing?
- Is an appointment required to be tested?
- Does it hurt to get tested?
- What types of tests are available?
- How Do I Get My Results?
- How long before I receive my results?
- How will I receive my results?
- Will I be charged for a COVID-19 test?
- Will additional testing or research be performed on my sample?
- What Kind of Testing Do You Use?
- What is the turnaround time for RT-PCR testing?