Coronavirus (COVID-19) – We Offer Advanced Testing for COVID-19 Illness and Antibodies.
Updated: April 30th, 2020
COVID-19: How Vitality Urgent Care House-Calls is Responding?
We are taking care of your urgent health needs during the COVID-19 pandemic so you can avoid crowded healthcare settings and limit your exposure to others.
- We take safety seriously and have adjusted our process for screening patients over the phone
- Our teams wear surgical masks, gloves and eye protection for every patient encounter, plus gowns and booties in some cases
- We have also enhanced protocols for disinfecting our kits and cars
- For now, we cannot treat senior living community residents with upper respiratory symptoms
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
The most common symptoms are cough, fever, and shortness of breath.
If I have COVID-19 symptoms, does this mean I definitely have COVID-19?
No. These symptoms can occur because of a common cold, flu, pneumonia or other health issues. But, they can also be COVID-19.
Where can I get tested for COVID-19?
If you are experiencing acute symptoms such as high fever or shortness of breath, call 911 immediately. If you think you might have COVID-19 and have mild or no symptoms, then book a Vitality and enter your symptoms (such as cough, fever, etc.) and a Vitality provider will carry out a remote virtual visit house call. A remote virtual house call is easily performed via secure video chat to help determine your risk level for COVID-19 and to provide needed resources for further care.
Can Vitality Provider do a test for COVID-19?
Yes! Vitality providers can perform respiratory specimen collection for COVID-19 TESTING at commercial laboratories right in the comfort of your own home. Same-day appointments guaranteed. Our providers come fully shielded head-to-toe in disposable protective equipment to ensure the safety of both, patients and staff. All patients will be screened to meet CDC clinical and/or epidemiological criteria for COVID-19 testing. Please keep in mind, the turnaround time for test results in commercial labs in 3-4 days.
Do you test for COVID 19 Antibodies?
Yes, we do! We Partnered with leading laboratory and currently offer COVID-19 Antibody Test via Quest Labs.
COVID-19 antibody testing is a serological blood test that may indicate whether a person has been exposed to COVID-19 and has potentially developed antibodies. This may indicate some possible immunity to COVID-19.
What if I need a provider for a routine medical need and I don’t have any symptoms related to COVID-19?
Book and receive a house call as you do now. Remember an overwhelming majority of people who need a provider don’t have COVID-19 and the last thing you should do if you’re sick is expose yourself to others in a doctor’s office, ER, or urgent care setting. Using Vitality is the safest way to get quality healthcare in the privacy of your own home.
What should I do if I have COVID-19 like symptoms?
Book a Vitality house call and we will first do a remote house call – a Vitality provider will talk with you by phone or video and help you to determine the next step in your evaluation.
What is the cost of a remote virtual house call (telemedicine)?
Remote house calls (telemedicine) are covered by most insurance plans at no cost or a very low co-pay. Typically, you would just pay your applicable co-pay. For self-pay patients, a Vitality remote house call consult would be $49.
What happens on a remote house call?
Vitality provider speaks with you and either provides the care you need, sets-up an in-person house call, or identifies you as at risk for COVID-19 and provides you resources for further care.
What happens if I am identified as at risk for COVID-19?
If you are identified as at risk, then Vitality would help you to contact your local health department and facilitate further testing/ treatment.
Some people are saying it’s all hype – how serious an issue is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a serious illness that is especially dangerous for people over the age of 60 and those with diabetes, heart disease, or respiratory issues.
Should I be scared?
No, but you should be prepared. The best ways to protect yourself are the simplest – use hand sanitizer or wash your hands thoroughly (for at least 20 seconds) with soap and water as frequently as you can, stay away from crowds and public places, and avoid exposure to those who might be exposed.
For more information please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website:
Illinois Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website:
Latest Blog Posts:
- What insurance do you accept for virtual care appointments?
- Why Choose Vitality Urgent Care for Travel Between USA and Japan Testing?
- What is the testing fee?
- How does the Covid-19 Program work?
- Is an electronically issued Covid testing certificate valid?
- Do children also need to obtain a certificate of testing for Japan Travel?
- When will be the starting point of counting “72 hours before departure to Japan”?
- What happens if a flight is cancelled or delayed significantly on the day of departure to Japan and the passenger has to leave the country after 72 hours?
- What collection method is authorized by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan?
- What COVID-19 Tests Does Japan Accept?
- Does it hurt to get tested?
- Is an appointment required to be tested?